Our Village Hall was gifted to the 2 villages by the Church Commissioners after buying the estate from the Walker family. Its aim is to support the community by providing a space with facilities for local groups and individuals.
to see the upcoming events taking place at the Village Hall click HERE
It’s yours to use!
Sand Hutton and Claxton Village Hall belongs to all who live here. It’s the main place in the parish where we can meet others socially – it’s our community centre for example:
- Meetings – Parish Council meetings are open to all
- Social events – coffee mornings, lunch club, private parties
- Activities – bowls, gardening club, choir, W.I., heritage group
- Village events – annual produce show, Christmas party or show
To keep the building viable as our community’s centre, we also have to find funds to pay the bills. The hall is a registered charity whose trustees act as a Management Committee. They raise funds through hiring out the hall for private events and by organising some fund raising events
Sponsorship, donations and ideas for fund raising are always welcome.
Management Committee members: Pete Tidball (chair), David Brewer (vice chair), Lynne Wilmore (secretary), David Edwards (treasurer), Anne White & Fiona Davis (booking team), John Short, Caroline Hall, Geoff Walker, Linda Spaven.
Interested in using the Hall?
Want to start a club? Want to hold an event? Our Village Hall has the space and the facilities:
- Large hall plus tables and chairs and electronic organ
- Small meeting room
- Well equipped kitchen
- Toilets, including disabled facilities
- Good access for disabled
- Full central heating
- Outdoor grassed area
- Large parking area
- Permanent projector screen
Come and see what we’ve got!
To join existing groups, please contact:
- Green Fingertips gardening club – Liz Heath 468428
- Indoor bowls – Sheila or Edward Wickes 468229
- Women in Harmony – Caroline Hall 468376
- W.I. – Linda Spaven 468785
- Shutterbugs (Photography Group) – Andrew 01904 468020
- SJ’s Nursery – Jayne 07920003191 or Sue 07922027247 and 01904 481339
- Heritage Group – Anne White 468550
- Mum, Baby and Toddler Group – Laura 01904 468207 / Lisa 01904 468084
Want to start a group?
Photography, dance, film, art, music, discussion, model making???
You’re welcome to contact any of the Management Committee for help and advice on use of the Hall, setting up a new group, publicity etc. or ‘phone Pete Tidball 468470
Want to hire the Hall for a private event?
Hourly rates are £12 (£7 for local people & affiliated groups).
Between October & March there is a further £1 per hour to cover extra heating costs.
To book, call the Booking Team on – 07704 353 186
To view or download the hiring agreement and the Ts&Cs click on the links below:
Click here to download a helpful guide to the Village Hall:
(You will need a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader to the view these documents, which can be downloaded free from – http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/)
To read the minutes of the management committee click on the link below:
Management Committee Minutes & Reports