November 21, 2017

Women’s Institute

There has been a WI in the village since the 1920’s which ran for some years before folding.  It was resurrected in  1946 and has been running ever since, meeting in the Sand Hutton & Claxton Village Hall.

Over the years the WI have held fund raising events for the WI as well as helping with village fund raising events.  For many years we have given community support and the over 80’s in the village have had gifts at Christmas.  We have also planted bulbs for the benefit of the village.