1 small white onion
1 largeish leek
1 medium baking potato
3 or 4 carrots
bit of sunflower oil
1 pint of veg stock
knob of butter
1) Chop all veg into small (1cm) lengths / pieces
2) Heat sunflower oil in heavy pan and add onion and leek. Soften for 2 mins.
3) Add chopped carrot and potato and ‘sweat’ veg for about 10 mins. Do not brown at all.
4) Add 1 pint of veg stock and some seasoning eg black pepper
5) Simmer for 10-15 mins until it smells really good! Blitz until very smooth and add bit more hot water if too thick.
6) Serve with bread / dead toast soldiers and grated cheese sprinkled on top.
This is Owen’s (age 5) favourite spooky soup and is Halloweeny orange coloured!
Do you have any favourite ghoulish recipes for the spooky season? Send them to us via the Contribute! button on the site and we’ll compile a terrifyingly good page with them all on to share.